Kalapaki Beach is excellent for swimming, learning to surf, boogie boarding and stand-up paddle boarding. Kalapaki Bay fronts the Kauai Marriott Beach Resort and is partially protected from the open ocean by a large break wall. Kalapaki Beach offers a lovely beach for relaxing, sunbathing, picking up a game of beach volleyball, or simply watching the outrigger canoes and visiting cruise ships come and go out of Nawiliwili Harbor.
Grab a picnic lunch and shave ice and enjoy a day at the beach. Located on and near Kalapaki Beach are various accommodations, surfboard rentals, stand-up boards, and beach catamaran rental shacks. Surfboard lessons take place here year-round.
Parking for the beach can be found in the upper parking lot of the Marriot Hotel. There is public beach access on the east end of the beach. Check out Kalapaki Beach Resort Area for more detailed information.
- Choose beaches with a lifeguard.
- Before entering the water check for any warning signs indicating hazardous conditions.
- Avoid swimming during high surf.
- Never swim alone.
- Never allow small children to swim or play in water unattended.
- Never swim in murky water and never swim in river mouths.
- Never turn your back on the ocean, an unexpected wave can knock you down and drag you out.
- Listen to weather and surf forecasts on local radio or check the surf report