Hideaway Beach (Pali Ke Kua) on Kauai’s north shore is a beautiful spot for snorkeling during calm weather. Typically a summertime beach, this spot can be accessed by steep path neer the Pali Ke Kua Condos. Hideaways Beach is true to the name and this secluded beach is worth the trek, but it is advisable to use extreme caution and is probably best left to those who are in good health and physical condition. Parking and access to Hideaways is found at the public parking lot just before the gate house of the Princeville St Regis Hotel.
- Choose beaches with a lifeguard.
- Before entering the water check for any warning signs indicating hazardous conditions.
- Avoid swimming during high surf.
- Never swim alone.
- Never allow small children to swim or play in water unattended.
- Never swim in murky water and never swim in river mouths.
- Never turn your back on the ocean, an unexpected wave can knock you down and drag you out.
- Listen to weather and surf forecasts on local radio or check the surf report
Submit your review