Tunnels Beach (Makua) is the most photographed beach in Hawaii. A haven for shelling, snorkeling, and scuba diving during summer. Palms and Ironwood trees fringe this crescent-shaped bay. The golden sand beach has a backdrop of lush jungle and mountains, making this a picture-perfect beach. Tunnels is a favorite surfing, winds surfing, and kite surfing beach. Lava tubes form the many underwater caverns giving Tunnels its name and a magical underwater world to explore. Take advantage of the spectacular sunset from this North Shore beach.
Parking for this beach is best at Haena Beach Park.
- Choose beaches with a lifeguard.
- Before entering the water check for any warning signs indicating hazardous conditions.
- Avoid swimming during high surf.
- Never swim alone.
- Never allow small children to swim or play in water unattended.
- Never swim in murky water and never swim in river mouths.
- Never turn your back on the ocean, an unexpected wave can knock you down and drag you out.
- Listen to weather and surf forecasts on local radio or check the surf report
Submit your review
Tunnels Beach Makua
Average rating: 0 reviews