Lawai Beach is a small strip of beach fronting the Lawai Beach resort and the Beach House Restaurant. The beach is not visible at high tide and is better suited for snorkeling in calm weather. This is a favorite spot to watch experienced surfers off this reef break. Â Lawai Beach is also popular for spotting turtles and the rare Hawaiian Monk Seal. Lawai Beach is also great for capturing the sunset on the grassy area across from the Lawai Beach Resort and fronting theÂ Beach House Restaurant.
- Choose beaches with a lifeguard.
- Before entering the water check for any warning signs indicating hazardous conditions.
- Avoid swimming during high surf.
- Never swim alone.
- Never allow small children to swim or play in water unattended.
- Never swim in murky water and never swim in river mouths.
- Never turn your back on the ocean, an unexpected wave can knock you down and drag you out.
- Listen to weather and surf forecasts on local radio or check the surf report
Submit your review
the previous review is wrong and ridiculous. this person should be banned from Kauai for their arrogant attitude. how is it "not worth it"? it's free!
if you want more secluded beaches that is understandable. go drive to those ones if that is your preference. however, this is a wonderful family beach, close to amenities and civilization. I got some of my best sunset photos from this beach! There are no "bad" beaches in Kauai!
Overrun, over fished, over snorkeled, no beach.