Paddle the majestic Wailua River, originally home to the first Hawaiians who came from the Marquesas Islands to Kauai almost 1500 years ago. Hear the legends and learn about the flora and fauna of Kauai’s most sacred area. After paddling past numerous Heiau (sacred shrines), view ancient Kamokila Village, the sight made famous in the jungle scene of Outbreak. Heading up the north fork of the River, paddle leisurely through one of Kauai’s most beautiful jungle rivers until you come to the trailhead for the hike to enchanting Secret Falls, an 80-foot fall that descends into a refreshing swimming hole. Enjoy a picnic lunch, beverages, and a cool dip before heading back downriver. Enjoy the Wailua with the safety and expertise of Kauai Guides.
The hike is approximately 1 mile each way; the paddle is approximately 1.5 miles each way.
Safety: All Guides are experienced and will provide instruction and guidance for those without paddling experience, assist you with your launch and accompany you for the duration providing assistance where needed to make your journey as easy as possible. They will even bring walking sticks for you.
- Check-in 30 minutes prior to tour
- Departs Mornings and Afternoon Tours
- Duration 4-5 hours
- Behind the Coconut Marketplace
- Get Directions
What To Bring:
- Kauai Activities E-Voucher#
- Water Friendly Shoes
- Swimsuit, Towel, Sunscreen, Hat, Bug Repellent, Change of Clothing
- Each kayak has life jackets and a dry bag backpack. We do offer one single kayak for people traveling alone.
- A delicious picnic lunch. Choose a turkey, ham, or vegetarian sandwich. Beverages are provided
- Dry Bag backpack style
- Walking Sticks
- The minimum age for participation is 5.
- Guests should be in good physical condition to participate in this activity. Participants should be comfortable in the water, enjoy hiking, and not afraid to get wet and muddy
- Expect 4 miles of paddling and 2 miles of hiking round trip.
- Trail conditions can be muddy and slippery at times.
- No bad backs, joints or recent surgeries.
- Tour time clocks at 4.5-5 hours, depending on the group’s pace.
Cancellation Policy: Changes or cancellations received prior to 48 hours of departure time are 100% refundable.