Kiahuna Beach isÂ a section of Poipu Beach, a popular beach on Kauai’s sunny south shore. Kiahuna Beach fronts the Kiahuna Plantation condominiums and falls between Poipu Beach Park and Lawai Beach.
Kiahuana is good beach for beginning surf lessons, snorkeling and boogie boarding. Thanks to the outlying reef the waters stay relatively calm.Â On the outside of the reef experienced surfers ride the waves. Stay close to shore if you are a beginner surfer or body-boarder. There is not a lot of shade so bring your umbrellas. Parking is limited but available at Poipu Beach Park.
- Choose beaches with a lifeguard.
- Before entering the water check for any warning signs indicating hazardous conditions.
- Avoid swimming during high surf.
- Never swim alone.
- Never allow small children to swim or play in water unattended.
- Never swim in murky water and never swim in river mouths.
- Never turn your back on the ocean, an unexpected wave can knock you down and drag you out.
- Listen to weather and surf forecasts on local radio or check the surf report