Waimea Beach sets itself apart from other Kauai Beaches. The rare black sand beach is a spectacular vantage point for sunsets over Niihau, the Forbidden Isle, off Kauai’s West Side. The Waimea Pier and the lovely cottages along the beach take you back to a nostalgic plantation era.
Coconut palms, large grassy lawns, and breathtaking old-growth Banyan Trees line the shore of this charming stretch of waterfront. This makes most who visit want to stay a while, sip a lemonade, and let the time pass you. Waimea beach is an excellent spot for romantic sunset strolls. Waimea Plantation Cottages is a quaint and beautiful setting for a destination wedding and vacation retreat.
- Choose beaches with a lifeguard.
- Before entering the water check for any warning signs indicating hazardous conditions.
- Avoid swimming during high surf.
- Never swim alone.
- Never allow small children to swim or play in water unattended.
- Never swim in murky water and never swim in river mouths.
- Never turn your back on the ocean, an unexpected wave can knock you down and drag you out.
- Listen to weather and surf forecasts on local radio or check the surf report
Submit your review