Waimea Beach sets itself apart from other Kauai Beaches. The rare black sand beach is a spectacular vantage point for sunsets over Niihau, the Forbidden Isle, off Kauai’s West Side.Â The Waimea Pier and the lovely cottages along the beach take you back to a nostalgic plantation era.
Coconut palms, large grassy lawns and breathtaking old growth Banyan Trees, line the shore of this charming stretch of waterfront.Â This makes most who visit want to just stay a while, sip a lemonade and let the time pass you by. Waimea beach is a great spot for a romantic sunset strolls.Â Waimea Plantation Cottages is a quaint and beautiful setting for a destination wedding and vacation retreat.
- Choose beaches with a lifeguard.
- Before entering the water check for any warning signs indicating hazardous conditions.
- Avoid swimming during high surf.
- Never swim alone.
- Never allow small children to swim or play in water unattended.
- Never swim in murky water and never swim in river mouths.
- Never turn your back on the ocean, an unexpected wave can knock you down and drag you out.
- Listen to weather and surf forecasts on local radio or check the surf report