Brennecke’s Beach located adjacent to Poipu Beach Park is a very popular boogie boarding and body surfing spot. You can always find a wave at Brennecke’s beach. The small strip of sand is a good spot to watch the waves and occasional rider crash on the shore. This small stretch of beach is popular with the locals and visitors.
Always use caution when playing in the shore break. The waves at Brennecke’s are usually larger in the summer months, but can be rough at other times during the year.
This beach is only for boogie boarding or body surfing. For surfing and other water sports head south to Poipu Beach. Brennecke’s is a fun spot to have lunch and watch the activity.
- Choose beaches with a lifeguard.
- Before entering the water check for any warning signs indicating hazardous conditions.
- Avoid swimming during high surf.
- Never swim alone.
- Never allow small children to swim or play in water unattended.
- Never swim in murky water and never swim in river mouths.
- Never turn your back on the ocean, an unexpected wave can knock you down and drag you out.
- Listen to weather and surf forecasts on local radio or check the surf report