Anahola Beach is a beautiful white sand fringed bay, with good swimming and decent snorkeling most of the year due to a protective outlying reef. Anahola Beach Park is located just south of Anahola Bay. This family friendly beach is tucked away and hidden from the main road. This secluded beach is an easy beach to drive up to and enjoy without having to carry your beach gear too far. From the shore you can see the beautiful mountains of Kalalea.
The Anahola Beach Park is manned by a County of Kauai lifeguard and offers good shade, a sandy beach, camping facilities and fun for all ages. This beach is popular amongst the locals and is crowded on the weekends with families picnicking and enjoying the beach.
The North end of the bay at the mouth of the Anahola River is another great beach for shelling, fishing from shore and photo opportunities. Use caution near the river-mouth for strong currents. There are no lifeguard stations at the river-mouth end of the bay.
- Choose beaches with a lifeguard.
- Before entering the water check for any warning signs indicating hazardous conditions.
- Avoid swimming during high surf.
- Never swim alone.
- Never allow small children to swim or play in water unattended.
- Never swim in murky water and never swim in river mouths.
- Never turn your back on the ocean, an unexpected wave can knock you down and drag you out.
- Listen to weather and surf forecasts on local radio or check the surf report