Fuji Beach, also known as Baby Beach Kapaa is a great place for children to swim and explore tide pools. Located near the beginning of the Kauai Coastal Path in Kapaa town. Fuji Beach is best during light trade wind days. here is not much shade and is best at lower tides. Kite surfing and diving is enjoyed beyond the protection of the reef and shallow wading area.
Fuji Beach is an easy spot to pull over and enjoy lunch. There are a few picnic tables, some shaded areas and a shower to rinse off. At the North end of this stretch of beach is the start of the paved Kauai Coastal Path for walking and biking. You can also find restrooms and drinking fountains.
- Choose beaches with a lifeguard.
- Before entering the water check for any warning signs indicating hazardous conditions.
- Avoid swimming during high surf.
- Never swim alone.
- Never allow small children to swim or play in water unattended.
- Never swim in murky water and never swim in river mouths.
- Never turn your back on the ocean, an unexpected wave can knock you down and drag you out.
- Listen to weather and surf forecasts on local radio or check the surf report