Journey through the heart of Kauai’s countryside where you’ll ascend a vast mountain via a meandering road engulfed by trees and endless fields to reveal what Mark Twain aptly described as the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific.” It’s hard to believe that the immense cliffs and deep gorges of the Waimea Canyon could exist on an island – you’ll be mesmerized by its scenic beauty long after your vacation.
Watch the ocean waves propel jets of water through lava rock at the Spouting Horn Blowhole. In quaint Hanapepe town amid sugar cane fields, view Hanapepe Valley from the lookout.
Venture down a nature trail in Koke’e State Park for an easy hike surrounded by native Hawaiian flora and fauna. The first portion of the hike is a gradual uphill stroll for about 30 yards, then it levels; hugging the contours of the hill. Listen for the lyrical chirping of the rare red ‘apapane or i’iwi bird species who sip nectar from the blossoms on the native trees.
Peer at the expanse of Waimea Valley from Puu Hinahina lookout point and visit the recently unveiled King Kaumuali‘i Statue at Pa‘ula‘ula, more commonly known as the Russian Fort.
Lastly, you’ll be welcomed at the Kauai Coffee Plantation near the coast for a stroll through the coffee orchard that leads toward the ocean. See the entire coffee process from initial blossoming and harvesting to the final roasting. Sample the exclusive line of estate‐grown Hawaiian coffees while relaxing in the warm Hawaiian sun.
● Spouting Horn
● Hanapepe Valley Lookout
● Hanapepe Swinging Bridge
● Lunch at Waimea Plantation Cottages
● Waimea Canyon (stop at key lookout points to be viewed from the coach)
● Koke’e State Park (short, easy trail hike)
● Puu Hinahina Lookout (dramatic views of Waimea Valley)
● Kekaha Beach
● Russian Fort / King Kaumuali’i Statue
● Kauai Coffee Plantation
A delicious lunch to-go from Waimea Plantation Cottages, Chicken in a Barrel BBQ is included. Guests will enjoy their
lunch at the beautiful Kokeʻe State Park. Guests select from one of the choices listed below. A beverage (water or juice)
1. Chicken Plate. Comes with a side of brown rice and a bowl of our homemade chili. GF
2. Rib Plate. Comes with a side of brown rice and a bowl of our homemade chili. GF
3. Hanalei Mix Green Salad. Bell peppers, Cucumbers, Carrots, Grape Tomatoes, Croutons. Dressing options:
Ranch, Balsamic, Papaya, Caesar Vegetarian/ Vegan
4. Hoagies. Options of Shredded Chicken, Pork, Beef with their choice of provolone or pepper jack cheese topped
with grilled onions. Served with a side of fries.
- Depart: 7:30 AM Return: 5:30 PM
- Pick Up at Various Locations Round-trip hotel transportation is included from convenient Kauai locations.
What To Bring:
- Kauai Activities E-Voucher#