Here is a list of Free Things To Do on Kauai.¬† Miles of whir sand beaches, hiking trails and beautiful Kauai attractions are among the dozens of activities to choose from.
- Farmers Markets¬†¬† Weekly farmers markets island wide sell locally grown produce, exotic tropical fruits and flowers as well as locally made products.
- Hanapepe Art Night¬†¬†¬†¬† Enjoy exploring the many galleries demonstration , performances and local cuisine as you stroll the streets of historic Hanapepe Town. Every Friday night Hanapepe Town comes alive with local artist, musicians and ethnic eats. Every Friday Evening from 6:00-9:00 pm.
- Historic Walking Tour of Waimea¬†¬†¬†¬† Free walking tour of Waimea Town every Monday.
- Lei Making Workshop¬†¬†¬†¬† Every Friday Reservation required. Contact the West Kauai Technology Center at 808 338-1322.
- 88 Shrines at Lawai International Center¬†¬†¬†¬† Short video and story telling by Lynn Murumoto on the second and last Saturday of the month. Tour Times 10:00 am -12:00pm and 2:00pm call 808 639-4300 Donations Accepted.
- Old Town Kapaa Art Walk¬†¬†¬†¬† Free live music, artist, tasty food and entertainment every 1st Saturday of the month in downtown Kapaa. 5:30 -8:30 Contact 808 635-4964
- Kauai Museum¬†¬†¬†¬† Free guided tours with the cost of admission. 10:30 am on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Ohana Saturdays – Free admission the first Saturday of the month.
- Hula Shows¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Most visitors to Kauai include a luau in their top to do list. If hula dancing and Hawaiian music are on your list, here is a chance to get a little preview. If you just can’t get enough of the melodic beat and swaying of hips check out one of the following free Hula shows around the island.
Grand Hyatt Kauai – Sea View Terrace
Torch Lighting Ceremony on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday from 6:15
Entertainment and Hula nightly 5-8.
For Information call: 808 742-1234
Poipu Shopping Village
Tahitian and Hula Dancing Mondays at 5:30pm
For Information Call: 808 742-2831
Harbor Mall Lihue
Hawaiian Entertainment and Hula on Wednesdays at 12:15 pm
For Information Call: 808 245-6255
Coconut Marketplace – Wailua
Hula Show on Wednesday at 5:00 pm
Saturday at 1:00 pm Call: 808 822-3641