Do your part keeping Kauai beautiful. It is essential to the future of Kauai to do your part by recycling. We live on a small island with limited resources.
Remember to always shop local as much as possible, conserve our natural resources and recycle your trash. Here is a list of locations to recycle your trash and redeem your beverage deposits.
If this information changes or if you know of other locations please contact us and we will update the page.
- Hanalei at the Hanalei Transfer Station: 5-3751 Kuhio Hwy.
- Kapaa Ball Park 4900 Kahau Rd
- Kapahi Reynolds Recycling 5675B Kawaihau Rd. Behind Menehune Food Mart Phone: 754-8985 Tuesday – Saturday 9am – 5pm; closed for lunch noon – 1:30
- Lihue Kmart Parking Lot 4303 Nawiliwili Road
- Garden Isle Disposal 2666 Niumalu Road Open everyday except Wednesday Sunday and Holidays 7:30 -4:15 Closed for Lunch from 11:00-11:45
- Garden Isle Disposal at the Kauai Resource Center at 3460Ahukini Rd. are now 7:30-4:15 with lunch from 11:00-11:45. They are closed Sundays and Wednesdays. Phone: 245-2372
- Nawiliwili Harbor Reynolds Recycling . Corner of Wilcox & Kanoa St Phone: 245-7233 Tuesday–Saturday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and are closed for lunch from 12:00-1:30.
- Kekaha Kekaha at the Kekaha Landfill: 6900-D Kaumualiʻi Hwy.
Where can I recycle or get rid of old batteries?
Battery types accepted at Kauai Resource Center are: Lithium, NiCad and Alkaline (dry-cell). Car batteries can be taken to an auto parts store, they are not accepted at the Kauai Resource Center.
Window and mirror glass cannot be recycled.
#1 & #2 Plastics
- Check recycling arrows on container
- #1 Plastic usually includes water, beer, and soda bottles
- #2 Plastic usually includes gallon milk jugs, laundry detergent containers and shampoo bottles
- Remove lids and Drain containers
Aluminum & Steel Cans
- Rinse any food residue!
- Corrugated cardboard only
- No wet cardboard
- Break down boxes to conserve space in the bin Remove tape and strapping
- Remove caps and lids.
- Drain all liquids
- Windows and mirrors okay
- White and colored paper envelopes (windows are okay)
- Junk Mail Magazine
- Catalogs and glossy paper
- Phone books and paperback books
- Box board (cereal boxes, soda boxes)
- No fluorescent papers, carbon papers, or hard cover bound books
- Remove rubber bands and plastic bags
Glossy newspaper inserts okay