A historic landmark, Kilohana Plantation offers guests a glimpse into Kauaiās past combined with assorted island-style activities, dining and shopping. The finest example of plantation era architecture on Kauai, the restored 1930ās manor now acts as host to Gaylord’s restaurant, MahikÅ Lounge and a selection of shops and galleries.. The plantation grounds feature rum tasting at Koloa Rum Co, estate tours aboard Kauai Plantation Railway, or just take a stroll! See a piece of Kauaiās history while experiencing the best of the island today!
The 1935 English Tudor style home greets you with artist renderings of Ethel and Gaylord Parke Wilcox. The 16,000 square foot home designed by Mark Potter, reflects California art deco architecture, with a tropical Hawaiian twist. Antique furnishings, detailed moldings from England, pine wainscoting and coffered ceilings grace the living room, hallways, foyer, library and staircase.
Kilohana PlantationĀ is centrally nestled within 104 acres of pasture, manicured grounds, gardens and natural foliage. The curved driveway leads to the elegant front door of the home, with guest parking just beyond. Approximately 67 acres of agricultural park is located beyond the main home and can be best viewed aboard the Kauai Plantation Railway. Enjoy 40 minutes of a fully narrated tour on a vintage narrow gauge railway, which includes a stop at our animal feeding area. Visit us or give us a call for more information.
- Shops at Kilohana Plantation
- Cane Field Clothing 808 245-5608
- Clayworks at Kilohana 808 246-2529
- Gaylord’s Restaurant 808 245-9593
- Grandeās Gems & Gallery 808 245-3445
- Hawaiian Collection Room 808 245-5210
- Kauai Plantation Railway 808 245-7245
- Koloa Rum Co. 808 246-8900
- Mahiko Lounge 808 245-9593
- Sea Reflections 808 245-3445
- The Artisanās Room 808 245-9352