This little slice of tropical paradise is a secluded bay bordered by the Kalihiwai River and a backdrop of rain forest foliage.Â This beach is good for soaking up the rays, playing on shore, exploring the river by kayak or paddle boarding. The ocean conditions here can be rough with strong. For swimming, snorkeling and boogie boarding it is advisable to choose from one of the lifeguard beaches.
- Choose beaches with a lifeguard.
- Before entering the water check for any warning signs indicating hazardous conditions.
- Avoid swimming during high surf.
- Never swim alone.
- Never allow small children to swim or play in water unattended.
- Never swim in murky water and never swim in river mouths.
- Never turn your back on the ocean, an unexpected wave can knock you down and drag you out.
- Listen to weather and surf forecasts on local radio or check the surf report