Kauai Coastal Path
East Side, Kapaa
Walking and Bike Paths Showers Restrooms Picnic Areas
The Kauai Coastal path Ke Ala Hele Makalae is a wonderful addition to Kauai's east side as a safe place to walk, jog or run. For more information check out www.kauaipath.org/kauaicoastalpath
Please wait while the slide-show
- Be Courteous—All path users should be respectful of other users regardless of their mode of travel, speed, or skill level.
- Keep Path Clear—Use no more than one-half of the path when in a group. Move off of the path if you are stopped.
- Be Predictable—Travel in a consistent manner. Look behind you before changing position on the path.
- Keep Right—Stay to the right side on the path except when passing. Move back or to the right once safely past.
- Respect Private Property—Stay on designated paths or roadways. Avoid shortcutting switchbacks.
- Signal When Passing—Give a clear warning signal by voice, bell, or horn before you pass.
- Yield to Slower Traffic—Cyclists yield to pedestrians. “Wheels yield to Heels.”
- Respect the ‘Aina & the Park—Keep litter in trash receptacles.
This information is made available by the Kauai Path Inc. a non profit advocating for better walking and bicycling for all Kauai.